My number ONE reason for being here is to share the Good News of Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord!!!

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~  

Please leave message when you visit...Thank you and Gods Peace.

Growing in Humility
"Humble yourselves in the sight of the LORD, and HE shall lift you up." James 4:10


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You ask why I follow this Jesus?
Why I love Him the way I do?
When the world's turned away from His teachings
And the people who serve Him are few.

It's not the rewards I'm after
Or gifts that I hope to receive
It's the Presence that calls for commitment
It's the Spirit I trust and believe.

The Lord doesn't shelter His faithful
Or spare them all suffering and pain,
Like everyone else I have burdens,
And walk through my share of rain.

Yet He gives me a plan and a purpose,
And that joy only Christians have known,
I never know what comes tomorrow,
But I do know I'm never alone.

It's the love always there when you need it;
It's the words that redeem and inspire,
It's the longing to ever be with Him
That burns in my heart like a fire.

So you ask why I love my Lord Jesus?
Well, friend, that's so easy to see,
But the one thing that fills me with wonder is  
Why Jesus loves someone like me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 

2 comments:

Kerrie said...

Dear LyonsLady,

I was greatly inspired reading your blogs today. Thank you!

With your blessing, can I please share your poem on my blogspot?

Keep growing and glowing for God!

With love and care from Kerrie. xOx

Unknown said...

you may use the poem but please make sure you say it was written by someone who is anonymous tytyty Bless Jesus